Sunday, July 15, 2012

FINAL PLN POST

pln wordle

My PLN is just awesome. There are really no other words to describe it. I started with a blank PLN page on Symbaloo some 8 wks ago and now it is filled with tiles including PBS Kids, Twitter, Denise Krebs' Blog, and EDM 310 just to name a few.

twitter birds and pln words


When I think back to the first day of EDM and reading pages beyond pages of work we had to do and thinking "omg, I'm not going to make it. Is this really the deciding factor of my fate as an educator?" It makes me giggle now to realize how silly I was. My problem was fear of technology. Not all technology. Take my iPhone for example, LOVES IT! Don't know what I would do without it! But, technology that I never heard of, much less used was being thrown at me with the force of an avalanche, what was I to do?!?! Slowly, but surely the information was coming together in such a way that it inspired me to seek out my own resources even before the introduction of the PLN. I had no clue what, why or when any of these blogs, websites, or organizations that I was saving in a "favorites" file would come to play in my life. Now, they're no longer a bunch of hidden stars buried beneath the tool bar on my laptop, they're serving their purpose as MY Personal Learning Network. I can't imagine ever losing site of my resources, as most of them at some point, has inspired one or more of my daily thoughts.

P.S. and provided the answer or helpful suggestions to obtain one.

No comments:

Post a Comment